Sunday, April 26, 2015

A vintage themed baby shower

Last weekend my sisters-in-law, mother-in-law, and I all planned a baby shower for my sister-in-law who is having a baby girl! 

When I started planning some ideas for the party a few months ago, I knew immediately the theme would be vintage :) I already had tons of vintage decor in my house to use for the party, and I found some adorable craft ideas on pinterest for a few more decoration ideas. It was just meant to be!

We had a blast preparing the party together. Going out shopping for the food and games and prizes, cutting up veggies and fruit in the kitchen, setting up the display, volunteering our husbands to make punch and lift heavy objects and watch the children, and laughing together while catching up on each other's lives... it was just a perfect day :) 

When the guests started to arrive, I could see how adored my sister-in-law was. She has so many friends and family members who wanted to come and shower her with love and support for her precious little princess arriving in just a few short months :) 

For our games we had just a few easy ideas planned. The first game was everyone was given a ribbon necklace with a baby hair bow clipped on. If anyone said the word, "baby" their baby clip was stolen. Guess who ended up with the most baby clips in the end? My sweet little Sitora ;) I overheard her scheming with her cousins that they would give her their clips if she would share the candy prize with them! Those little stinkers ;) All of the baby bows were a gift for my sister-in-law as well, which was a great idea!

The next game was a jar of wrapped candies, and whoever guessed closest to the correct amount inside won the whole jar. The third game was anyone who had a birthday closest to the baby's due date won a prize. 

I then proceeded to share a list of answers the father-to-be had answered about the baby. Some of the questions I asked him were, "How many diapers will your baby need each day?", "What memories from your childhood do you want to recreate with your baby girl?", and "On a scale of 1-10, how prepared do you feel for baby's arrival?" I asked my sister-in-law what she thought her husband answered and then told her his real answers. We were all giggling by the end! 

Then my other sister-in-law gave a wonderful devotion on motherhood and shared what God had placed on her heart to speak about. We then laid hands on her and prayed as a group for her and the baby. I wanted to cry by this point (pregnancy hormones!!!!) because it was so special and lovely.

We watched as all the presents were opened and chatted the night away with friends and family. It was a fabulous night and we are so thankful for everyone who came!

In case you are wondering, the display was made by hanging fabric and banner decorations on a pallet. Click here to see how I made the fabric banner.

I will leave you with some pictures I snapped from the party... enjoy :) 






















































P.S. I am 8 weeks pregnant! That belly just popped right out now didn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment