Thursday, November 13, 2014

DIY laced button leg warmers

Winter is HERE for us northerners, in case you don't watch the weather channel.

As I type, fluffy white specks of nature's cotton candy are floating from the sky and landing on our front yard. My daughter is playing Mindy Gledhill's Winter Moon CD in the kitchen while making bead necklace crafts and my son is upstairs dreaming the afternoon away.


Silence. Is. Golden.

So I blog.

I must confess to you, dear friends, that I have craft ADD. Whenever I see something I want to make, my mind freaks out and runs in circles like a chihuahua until I find all my craft supplies and tirelessly finish it. It will be my undoing, I'm sure. Even if there is a pile of laundry to fold (okay okay... a mountain) and the sink is overloaded with dishes... I must finish the project.

My tombstone will most likely read, "She died folding the laundry," or, "She died finishing a craft." Or maybe both.

Alas, I give to you my finished product: laced button leg warmers! We might as well be cute while we're cold, right? Putting these adorable warmers on my legs helps me feel motivated to start my day and look forward to getting dressed and out the door.

All you need for this project is leg warmers (I bought some at Payless and TJ Maxx for around $6.00 each), buttons, and lace. I sewed the buttons on the sides, then sewed lace on the top edges of the leg warmers. I can't wait to start on my second pair! I just used a few buttons I had laying in the bottom of my sewing kit, so none of them match. So I bought some new buttons for my second pair at JoAnn Fabrics (AKA: THE BOTTOMLESS PIT OF ENDLESS CRAFT IDEAS... you might as well throw your regular life/important and necessary things to-do list out the window because once you walk down those isles THERE'S NO TURNING BACK...)

Alright winter, show me what ya got 'cuz I'm ready for ya!

The cold never bothered me anyway ;)










Here are my supplies for leg warmers pair #2!



A big thank you to my one and only sweet Sitora Faye for helping snap a few of these pics :) :) :)

Oh, and in case you are wondering, my boots are from Goodwill. Yep, that's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment