- Ordered our Christmas cards. They are totally not your typical looking holiday cards, that's for sure!
- Had an amazing time leading worship this morning with a great team of people. I love seeing others grow in their gifts from God, and basically I just love jamming. Music moves me.
- Planning our church's Ladies' Christmas Party in a few weeks! Eeek- I can't wait! I even bought a snowman cake-pop kit. It's going to rock. Everyone loves snowman cake-pops, right?
- Bought just a few Christmas decorations last week - I like the simple holiday look.
- Advent is here! Yay! That means lots of fun crafts, stories, games, and lessons to teach Sitora about our Savior. I strive for our family to focus on studying about Jesus and why He came to save us, more than focusing on the materialistic side of Christmas.
- Peter can sit up all by himself now. If you don't like sappy mommy moments, so sorry :) But this mamma can't help but tear up every time he achieves something new! Life is such a miracle and gift from God.
- I took Sitora to an adorable Christmas event yesterday that my good friend hosted. She sat on Santa's lap and gave Mrs. Klaus a hug. We ate cookies. She made ornaments. It was grand.
- I've officially started listening to Christmas music. I always wait until after Thanksgiving to do this. I feel it's important to focus on Thanksgiving before Christmas. Check out my favorite songwriter's album here for some creative holiday tunes!
- Sitora quoted a Bible verse last night in attempts to persuade me. It was hilarious. And yet not.
- Sitora- "Mom, listen to me."
Me- "No honey, it's bedtime. No talking."
Sitora- "Well, remember that verse, 'Be quick to listen and slow to speak'? You missed that one."
- Peter wakes up at 6:30am now. He used to wake up at 7:00am. I wake up like a zombie and bring him downstairs, while he happily plays in the toyroom and I sip on hot coffee and stare blankly at the wall. I've come to actually enjoy this zombie state, as the house is still quiet. (AKA Princess Tornado has not yet emerged from her slumber). Bring on the 6:30. Bring.It.On.
- I haven't had a hair cut in over 6 months. Woah. I'm a hippie again. Remember this post? I barely ever curl my hair. Maybe once a week. So it's not damaged. Just a bit scraggly. Ah, oh well. I'm busy waking up at 6:30 and chasing after little munchkins before they can destroy the house. No time for a haircut (AKA I never remember to schedule it. Now if someone could just schedule it for me then maybe I'd go!)
- It makes my heart sad when people have a wonderful job they love but they complain they don't make enough money. We've never made enough money, but somehow God always provides. We love ministry, and I'd rather be doing this then bringing home 6 figures and hating life. I love my life. When work feels like a hobby, you know you have the right job. Ministry is a lifestyle, not a job, really...Well, that's it for now. I have so many things I want to blog about, but I'm so tired at the end of the day. Half my brain has disintegrated into the great mommy abyss. Alas, I write to soothe my soul. I know my kids will grow up someday and I'll look around my clean, tidy house and miss these moments when I had something to clean every 2.3 seconds. And I do love every moment. I'm just really tired. And zombie-like. I hope you still like me when I'm zombie-like :) Here's a photo of Peter for you to enjoy. His toes must taste super yummy!