Sunday, November 11, 2012

On the road again

In the morning we are off to see my parents! Yay!

What do I expect?

Fun. Laughter. Coffee. Scrabble. Going to parks. Taking the kids to fun places. Shopping. Coffee. Relaxing and worshiping in the prayer room. Catching up with old friends. Spending time with my brother and his girlfriend. Coffee. Going for walks. Watching movies. Coffee. Buying new music or a book. Going to the library. Going out to eat. Coffee. Getting a phone call from my hubby that he shot a deer. Thanksgiving with the ones I love. Taking my cousin's bridal photos (I am beyond thrilled for this!) And did I mention coffee?

The last time I visited my parents, I was down-and-out wondering when or where we would find the ministry job that was right for us.

Now I am visiting with a heart full of gratitude and thankfulness to have finally found the place God had for us. We have spent the past 6 months pouring our hearts and time into growing our new ministry and couldn't be happier. Before I was content and confident in the Lord, but weary and longing for our new home. This time, I am still content and confident in the Lord, but I am strengthened and encouraged in our new home.

Life has its ups and downs. The great times, and the horrible times. As I look back on this past year of trials and changes for our family, I am confident that the Lord used it all for good. He molded and shaped us to look more like Him. It wasn't easy, but we made it.

This time I will be visiting with a happy heart. And it feels good :)


1 comment: