Friday, November 9, 2012

Love surpasses differences

One thing that I love about our country is the freedom of speech. I really, truly, honestly do. Many countries do not allow for this expression of opinion, and I am thankful ours does.

Many of my family and friends post articles, blogs, and statuses that differ from mine. Almost always I click on them and read. I love hearing what others have to say, to look at something from a different point of view. I try very had to put myself in the position of someone else and see the point from another perspective.

I am thankful for many of these articles because it has helped me see things in a different light. I thank you all for helping me with a well-rounded opinion.

If you are reading this post, and you have differing opinions than mine, then I would like to extend my hand in thanks to you. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to hear my thoughts. I consider it a privilege to express my heart on this blog and have others actually read it! It means so much to me.

I have read many comments on facebook, blogs, and news sites this week. Many people disagree on so many levels. I think it's good that we discuss things together and give one another "food for thought". I for one have appreciated the thoughts given to me by my liberal friends and family- I honestly do research and consider it all.

If you have read my last two posts, you can probably gather that I am passionate about abortion. I'm sure you are passionate about something as well. Maybe you are passionate about the equality of homesexuals, or maybe you are passionate about health care reform. Maybe you are passionate about the economy, education, woman's rights, or welfare. We all have something that resonates deep within us.

I have heard many of my friends tell me what we as Christians shouldn't get involved in politics, or shouldn't involve our beliefs in voting. Or many say they have no faith in our nation's political system at all. I can understand where all of you are coming from.

But I disagree. You see, homosexuals can vote for their rights. Women can vote for their rights. Immigrants can vote for their rights. Teachers can vote for their rights. But babies still developing in their mothers' wombs? They cannot vote. If it were humanly possible to ask a fetus, "Would you like to vote for or against abortion?" and they could answer, don't you think it's obvious what they would say? For this reason, I want to be a voice for the unborn. You may say it doesn't matter anyways, that abortion will still be prevalent despite our greatest attempts.

To the life of the unborn, any attempt is worth it in my eyes. Sometimes in life we have to fight battles we know we won't win, but we have to fight them anyway.

What if your child, or any child you care about, was going to be murdered? What if you knew it would happen? What would you do? Would you fight against it? Do everything in your power to prevent it? Of course you would. Why is the life of a fetus not equal to the right of a child the age of 1, or 6, or 68? The unborn child deserves the right to live just as anyone here on this earth.

I honestly did not expect to write so many posts on this subject. This is not normally my cup of tea. I am generally very quiet about these issues.

For some reason, something deep inside me fired up like a flame and everything in me screamed to write these posts. It was weighing heavy on my heart. I do not in any way mean to offend you, or to ruin any of my friendships with any of you. If you disagree with me, I still love you and desire a friendship. I have never de-friended someone on facebook because I don't agree with them. I love every single person in my life no matter what, and I will always treat them with dignity and respect. I hope you will do the same for me :)

Thank you for reading this, even if you don't see it in the same light. I thank the Lord every day for my freedoms, being able to go to church and read my Bible without persecution, to share my faith openly with others, and the freedom of speech.

The unborn should have freedom of speech as well- and I will be their mouthpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment