Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goodbye and hello

This past week has been an utter whirlwind.

Last Monday I received the call that my grandfather had passed away. My heart shattered into a million pieces.

Last Saturday I looked into my grandfather's handsome face for the last time and told him goodbye with tears streaming down. I hugged him in his casket and wished he was alive to hug me back.

Today I heard the heartbeat of our little baby for the first time, and looked over at my husband in utter happiness. I can't believe we are having our second child!

It's been a a week full of emotions, that is for sure. Saying goodbye to one of my closest friends, and saying hello to a little person inside me who already holds my heart.

A life ends, a new one starts. We never know how much time we have left on this earth. May we live each day as if it is our last.




Note: This is not a picture of our baby. I just wanted to find a picture online resembling the size of our baby at 12 weeks.

1 comment: