Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's just stuff

We had a garage sale yesterday. It was my first EVER personal garage sale, like, with all my stuff. I got to set the prices and it was awesome. Because I set them low. People would glow when they heard the prices and walked off happy. I hate bartering. I really do. Let's just get down to business and be realistic here folks. I'm not going to charge more than 50 cents for nail polish- sheesh! It's used for crying out loud.

I was a little emotional watching our things walk away in others' hands. Why do we get so attached to stuff anyway? It can be such a bondage if we're not careful.

Dear stuff,

Thank you for being so useful while we had you. You were great. But it's time to move on and let someone else use you. I hope you can bless my friends as much as you have blessed me. Unfortunately, I have to break some bad news to you. You really have no eternal value. This life is but a whisper, and when I get to heaven I can't bring you with me. So I'm letting go knowing that you aren't all that matters in life. I will find more books, dishes, bed comforters, shoes, toys for my child, and decorative coffee pictures. Life goes on. I do not find my identity in how many material possessions I own. My identity is found in the one who created us all. So long and farewell!

Sincerely,
Me






 

No comments:

Post a Comment