Saturday, February 19, 2011

Insanity

My daughter played with snow for the first time in her entire little life.

And I wasn't even there to witness it.

I wasn't there to take a picture, capture the moment forever, then post it for all the world to see on this blog of mine.

I was sick, laying in bed dehydrated after 24 hours of death by toilet. And after 4 days of being sick with other randomly horrible symptoms, I had forgotten to drink much at all. You know when you were sick as a little kid, and your doting mother kept bending down by your sweet little face helping you take small sips of water? Ya, not this time. When you're an adult, you have to remind yourself to drink water. Growing up kindof stinks sometimes. I wish I could teleport my mom over to my place when I'm as sick as a dog (and as ugly as Frankenstein's bride- no joke my friends.)

Anyways, my best Azeri friend came over to help after I was left husbandless and weary. (He's on a trip.) She offered to take Sitora out in her girly girl pink snowsuit and let her play in the snow. My husband gently reminded me before he left that I should not be outside while recovering from sickness, but Sitora desperately wanted to go out. She kept looking out the window exclaiming she was going to play with "Snow White!" and see a snowman. So when my friend offered, I was absolutely elated!

They came back less than 10 minutes later. Apparently Sitora was deathly afraid of the snow, and furthermore decided she needed to be held. She had no desire to play in the snow any longer. So that was that.

Now the snow has melted away and my heath is regained, and I wait patiently for another dusting for us to play in. Until then, I am going to vegetate upon my couch for the next 2 days to recover from today. 10 kids from 11 months to 9 years of age with 2 adults in a small apartment for 8 hours. I am slowly tinkering on the edge of insanity. I had the house completely cleaned up with one last little munchkin left to go home, so I sat down with my friend for a quick chat and a small bite to eat. Sitora and her little friend were way. too. quiet. What was I thinking?

I poked my head around the corner to find a sweet little surprise. Ah yes- my favorite! Three different card games all scattered together throughout the house. Have fun cleaning that one up mom! Oh the joys of being a parent.

If there's one thing I've learned on this journey of mammahood, it's been how to leave selfishness behind. When you get married, you learn how selfish you are. Then you have kids. And then you really learn how selfish you are. Kudos, props, and pats on the back to all mothers everywhere, wherever you are. We traded in high heels and clutch purses for ponytails and diaper bags. But we wouldn't want it any other way.

I am way past my expiration date for the night. What in the world am I still up doing typing this post? Somebody send me to bed quick, before I really lose it!

No comments:

Post a Comment