Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Babushka and pearls

Sitora received a darling present for her birthday. Isn't it the most adorable thing you've ever seen?


It's a Russian babushka doll necklace. A darling heart and pearl dangle on each side of the doll along the chain.  The other day I was wearing it (Girls in the same household share accessories, isn't that a well-known fact?) on the bus with Sitora on my lap. She discovered it and exclaimed, "Hey Mommy, that's my necklace! Give it back!" I chuckled and said, "You're right, honey, I'll take it off and put it on you." She wears it with a sparkle in her eye every day... it's as if she knows she's a big girl now.


I love these pearl earrings I found in a teeny-tiny shop by the underground metro station here. It's not the same pair I posted about a few months ago. They are more simple. I love the elegance I seem to walk into the minute I put them on. Coupled with my apron you might as well call me a 50's wife!


Ah, my flower pearl hairclips. A treasure find for sure. I came across them at a Christmas fair where people sell their handmade wares. The minute I laid eyes on these gorgeous clips I knew we were meant to be together. 


Funny how simple jewelry can make a girl feel special. I'm not a high maintenance kinda gal. Most of you would know that by now. But there's something about that special accessory that takes your breath away and transports you into a land of elegance and poise.

I should have been born in the era of "Pride and Prejudice" days. I would have worn the frilly dresses and pinned my hair up every single day, willingly. I would have pranced all the way home from those "match-making" dances and hummed the lasting melodies while I brushed the curls out of my hair at the vanity mirror. Here comes the hopeless romantic in me :)

Well, good thing I'm going to a high school dance this weekend! I won't be dancing for a match, but I will be dancing, that's for sure :) Now... if I could only convince "my match" to join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment