Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sitora's baptism

Sitora was baptized today! Suddenly my 7 1/2 year old doesn't seem so young anymore.

She's been asking for a while now and finally she was able to make a public declaration of her faith in Jesus. She has such a sweet and tender heart for the Lord. Her love for Him humbles and inspires me. She has such childlike faith.

A while ago she felt led to tell another child she met on the playground about Jesus. The child ended up running away not wanting to hear about it and she came to me with her head hanging low. I told her that it's not our job to control how people respond, but it is our responsibility to continue telling others about Jesus no matter what the cost. I choked back hot tears as I stroked her hair and hugged her tight. This girl is going places. What a privilege I have to raise her and spend my days laughing and crying together as we journey through life.

Thank you Lord, for this gift of life you bestowed upon us over 7 years ago when we held this sweet baby girl for the first time. She made me a mother. She forever changed me. With everything I have in me I will continue pointing her to Christ, the only One who can satisfy her soul. The Giver of good gifts, the Father of lights, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Look to Jesus all the days of your life, sweet girl. And never look back...

















Proverbs 22:6 - "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Deuteronomy 6:6-7 - "And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

Psalm 127:3-5 - "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."

Romans 12:1-2 - "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Acts 2:38 - "Peter replied, 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.' "

Matthew 28:19 - "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment