Thursday, February 20, 2014

Latest comments

If I don't write down the funny things that happen in this family, I am sure to forget them. Hopefully you crack a bit of a smile reading our funny antics!

***
Sitora- "Mom, what's the opposite of baboon?"
Me- "Um, a baboon is a monkey..."
Sitora- "Oh! So the opposite would be ... hippopotamus!"

***
We were all walking out of Claire's (the girly bling-bling store in the mall) where Sitora got her ears pierced a few weeks ago. I noticed a pink feather stuck in SuperDan's hat in the back and I figured he must have brushed against a scarf in the store.

Me- "Look! Daddy is wearing pink. Real dads wear pink."
Sitora- "Ya, and fake dads wear blue!"

***
Driving home one day Sitora unbuckled her seat belt to get something in the car.

Me- "Sitora! You have to sit down and buckle yourself back in right now. You are never allowed to do that. I have to keep you safe in the car or else I could get in trouble with the police!"

Sitora bows her head and starts whining in a soft high pitch voice, "No... no! If you get in trouble, then who is going to clean the kitchen?"

***
Sitora- "When I grow up, I'm going to be a mommy. And I'm going to cook really yummy food. And if my kids don't like it, I'm gonna make them eat it. And they are gonna like it."

***
After a long day of taking care of the kids, cleaning the house, and feeling sick, I needed a nap when SuperDan came home. It takes me a zillion years to fall asleep (so why do I even bother taking naps in the first place?). I finally fell asleep when Peter tip-toed into my bedroom. He called out, "Mama?" and my eyes popped open. He smiled, pointed to his diaper, and replied, "Poo-poo!" I guess daddy isn't the favored choice for diaper changing, according to Peter :) (For the record, I changed him, brought him back to daddy, and kindly reminded everyone I was in "do not disturb" mode.)

***
Peter has started to say more words now. He does a good job of repeating us, but lately he's been saying things on his own. His favorite new words are baby and puppy. He'll take Sitora's tiny doll that goes to her doll house and call it "baby" while making it cry and say, "Na na, na na!" in a shrill baby voice. It's super adorable :) He also likes to point to dogs in books and bark, make a meow sound at the sight of cats, and roars when he sees a lion. Show him animals of any kind (toys or real-life) and he gets ecstatic!

I love these little years when the smallest accomplishments make us giggle :) The days are long but the years are short...

















Yep. This is my life.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment