Saturday, March 9, 2013

Concert time- long awaited!

I've been working on a new diddy or two and I can't wait to perform them at my concert next month! EEEEK! :)

I have been thinking of planning a concert for months and months, and I finally got around to it. Like I said in my last post, I have written some new songs lately so it came just in the nick of time.

When several of our friends experienced marriage problems in the past year, I was inspired to write music dedicated to my husband. The majority of my songs are about God and how He has walked me through the storms of life. These songs were formed in the flames of despair and pain, and bear a strong sense of reality and honesty. But these new songs I've written for my SuperDan are upbeat, a bit goofy, and just plain cute :) I'm excited to perform all of my songs together and provide an assortment of musical entertainment. I'm pretty sure I'm bringing vintage props to decorate the stage around my keyboard. I think it will add to the atmosphere of my style. And by the way, I have three different vintage outfits in the running for my performance attire, so we'll see which one triumphs for the big day!

My desire is to provide a fun, family friendly atmosphere with music to entertain a date or a night out with friends. I don't expect everyone to listen to my every note, but I do hope to bless those who appreciate music and lyrics created with blood, sweat, and tears. I will be performing some of my favorite songs by other songwriters as well, which is always exciting!

If hardly anyone shows up, I will still be as happy as can be. (Or as my daughter put it the other day, "Happy as a bug! Oh, I mean, snug as a bug?") Playing my music brings me to a calm creative place. It's definitely a outlet for this stay-at-home mamma :)

My newest song creation is called, "Housewife". It was written in the midst of utter chaos in our family this past week- sickness and dirty dishes galore. I can laugh at it now. But at the time... not so much. Here are some of the lyrics. I hope you get a little kick out of it :)

Housewife

Laundry's piled sky high
Baby's got a shrill cry
I think I lost my sanity 
Baby if you find it, message me

Hair pulled back, lipstick on
I'm ready to take on the world
Apron tied, broom in hand
Call me supergirl

I'm a housewife, baby
I'm a housewife, yeah, look out!
I've got my wonderwoman cape on
I'm gonna save the day
I'm not your average citizen
And I'm here to stay

My concert is scheduled for Thursday, April 18th from 7-9pm. I know it's not on the weekend, but I hope many can still come out since it's a special occasion. It's at Acoustic Café in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, which is 45 minutes away from where we live. I love this coffee shop because it's become a date place for our family. Sometimes on our day off we go as a family and just sit and relax together. I am absolutely elated to be given the opportunity to perform here!

Click here to see the facebook event I created if you would like to RSVP!

I've been practicing piano for a few hours every day and my fingers are in musical heaven, let me tell you :)



1 comment:

  1. Aw man! I wish I could go to your concert. I would love to hear your music. =)

    ReplyDelete