Sunday, January 27, 2013

Each small snowflake

As I sit here typing, the snow is falling gently out my window and it seems so peaceful. The clumpy flakes cascade down to earth and create a thick blanket of white. The fire is going while a father holds a sleeping baby boy in the recliner. A sweet little girl is in her toy room happy as can be. All is quiet and my heart is soaking it up.


Even though life may hold it's ups and downs, I know I can still find my peaceful place. My center. My grounding. When the music fades and all is stripped away, I can simply come before my God and my King and sit at His feet in quiet awe.

When life throws me a curve ball or my heart is heavy with sorrow, I always know I can come before my Maker and lay it all down at His feet. I've heard many non-believers say, "Christianity is a joke. It's just a crutch." Well, actually, I do agree. Jesus is my crutch. Without Him I couldn't stand. He is my everything, and without Him I am nothing.

All of this is for His glory, not my own. May nothing that comes from the works of my hand be for the praise of man. When I enter eternity and look into my Savior's eyes, I want to know without a shadow of a doubt that I lived every moment here on earth for His kingdom, not mine. Whatever I had built for my own glory or to please man, will be burned up. Gone. Nada. Zilch. To think that I could spend my life storing up treasures on earth that will be blown away like the chaff in the wind! What a waste. What a disappointment. No. I want my life's work to count. I want to store up treasures in heaven that my Master alone knows about.

Each snowflake is small and seemingly insignificant. Yet when grouped together with thousands upon thousands of other small snowflakes, something miraculous happens. The whole terrain is completely altered. Inches upon inches of snow knee deep appears and changes everything.

Likewise, our lives are full of small and seemingly insignificant choices and actions. Yet when all of our small moments add up, they form our entire lives. How we spent yesterday determines today and tomorrow. Each decision, each step, each moment, it matters. It matters to the King of Kings who created us to live our lives in fullness and devotion.

Lord, may every little "snowflake" of my life add to Your kingdom. May every breath I take and every move I make be for Your glory and fame, not my own and not for the praise of man.




No comments:

Post a Comment