So I've adapted a few "summer hairstyles" for her that are quick and easy for me, but keep her hair out of her face and the elements during the day.
This hairstyle I call the french braid side pony-tail. It's really quite simple. If you don't know how to french braid then you could just take a section of hair in the front and do a regular braid instead. I just like french braids because it keeps her hair tight and away from her face.
- Part a section of hair in front. Push aside the rest of the hair that you aren't going to braid.
- French braid (or regular braid) the front section all the way down the side of the head past the ear.
- Grab the rest of the hair that you pushed aside.
- Make a side pony-tail right under the ear with the extra hair and the braided hair.
- Make sure it is tightly secured.
- Add a flower clip or ribbon for some added cuteness :)
Um, just in case you are wondering, she wanted to make a "goofy face" for this shot. Silly girl!
If you don't understand my instructions, just comment below. I can make a video tutorial if anyone wants one :)
By the way, I french manicured my toes this weekend. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do that when you have a bowling ball for a stomach? Ya, probably not gonna try that again. SuperDan laughed while watching me. I commented back, "Do you have any idea how much money I am saving us by doing this myself?" Honestly though, maybe next time I'll just go get a pedicure!
Happy Monday! Tomorrow is my due date. Come-on baby!!