Monday, April 23, 2012

Little girl summer hair

My princess has such long hair that it often gets tangled when she plays outside. Since the weather has warmed up, she loves to play in the sandbox, run in the wind, and play with the dog outside. This equals very tangly hair by the end of the day.

So I've adapted a few "summer hairstyles" for her that are quick and easy for me, but keep her hair out of her face and the elements during the day.

This hairstyle I call the french braid side pony-tail. It's really quite simple. If you don't know how to french braid then you could just take a section of hair in the front and do a regular braid instead. I just like french braids because it keeps her hair tight and away from her face.
  1. Part a section of hair in front. Push aside the rest of the hair that you aren't going to braid. 
  2. French braid (or regular braid) the front section all the way down the side of the head past the ear.
  3. Grab the rest of the hair that you pushed aside. 
  4. Make a side pony-tail right under the ear with the extra hair and the braided hair. 
  5. Make sure it is tightly secured.
  6. Add a flower clip or ribbon for some added cuteness :)
I also do this style on my hair once in a while too!





Um, just in case you are wondering, she wanted to make a "goofy face" for this shot. Silly girl!

If you don't understand my instructions, just comment below. I can make a video tutorial if anyone wants one :)

By the way, I french manicured my toes this weekend. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do that when you have a bowling ball for a stomach? Ya, probably not gonna try that again. SuperDan laughed while watching me. I commented back, "Do you have any idea how much money I am saving us by doing this myself?" Honestly though, maybe next time I'll just go get a pedicure!

Happy Monday! Tomorrow is my due date. Come-on baby!!

2 comments:

  1. Your so good with hair, I'm really jealous! I have four girls and am clueless! I did just take the effort to learn how to french braid, so I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a video tutorial please!! I'm not so familiar with braiding either.

    ReplyDelete