Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter is coming!

 SuperDan's family has been helping out with our fellowship's Easter play for years upon years. It's called The Promise- The Power of His Love. To see the article online about it, click here!

I was in the play when we lived here a few years ago, but I myself have never actually seen it. Sitora and I watched together in amazement! I bawled my eyes out like a baby. I'm pregnant and highly emotional. Add that on top of an incredible performance describing the life and ministry of Father's Son, and you get a puddle of tears coming from this mamma. Seeing His life acted out somehow makes the Scriptures come alive in ways I could never experience them otherwise. I cried the hardest at the beginning when Mary was pregnant and singing about His coming birth. The angels looked so beautiful and the choir's voices sounded heavenly. The whole scene just took my breath away and the tears poured out like rain down my cheeks. The love I have for my Savior seemed to explode at this point! To think, He came as a baby and then spent his life on earth knowing He would become the ultimate sacrifice for all mankind. Towards the end when He sang The Price That Love Demands while praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, it struck me like never before. We are all sinners, no matter how good we think we are. He had to die for every one of us, not just the horrible people of this world. All it takes is just one sin and we are automatically guilty and separated from Him. But because of His passionate love for us, He sacrificed His own life in place of ours so that our debts would be paid! What greater gift could we ever receive? There's nothing for us to earn. He offers it to us freely. All we have to do is receive it. How could I not live my life in unending devotion to Him in return? He is my everything.

My favorite part of the play? The fact that Sitora asked me a million questions the entire show. "Why is he doing that? Why did he say that? Why did that have to happen? Why?... Why?... Why?" It was a wonderful opportunity for me to explain in further detail the reason for our faith! I loved answering all her questions and tried my best to help her understand what was going on. My prayer was that this play would spark something deep inside her spirit and be a very instrumental part of her relationship with the Lord!

In past years SuperDan has played various roles in this play. He was Father's Son as a young boy, a disciple, and a thief on the cross. This year he is in charge of the lighting! Sitora waved to him up in the balcony behind the sound board and her face beamed with pride as she told everyone around us "That's MY Daddy!"

We will definitely be going again this week. We are praying that this play touches many lives and brings many hearts to Him. He has risen, He has risen indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment