- Depending on your hair style, you need to figure out how you want the front to look. I am growing out my bangs, so I pin them back with a slight poof. I use blonde colored bobby pins. If you have bangs you can style them as normal.
- Pull all your hair back into a pony-tail. Make it loose and slightly messy. Sometimes if I feel the pony-tail is too tight, I'll just gently pull at the roots to loosen the hair up a bit. You can let wispy hairs around your face and neck fall down- it adds to the casual look.
- Once your pony-tail is secured, take the ends of your pony-tail and start weaving them through the pony-tail elastic. This is also called a "messy bun".
- I secure the messy bun with a few bobby pins here and there just to keep it in place.
- I added a cute flower clip for fun :)
- Spritz a bit of hairspray and TA-DA, you're done :)
Here is a video tutorial of me showing you how to do it...
I do this hairstyle on my daughter as well, except I do a french braid in the front of her face instead of pinning it back. You can alter this messy bun pony-tail in so many ways, the possibilities are endless!
Now it's time for me to get some work done. This is definitely my "work" hairdo. I totally kicked back yesterday doing a whole lotta nothin', so I'm getting back in gear today :)
P.S. Today I am exactly one week from D-Day. Sitora was born exactly a week before her due date, so I was hoping there was a chance this time. Don't think so. Little man is quite content inside his little cocoon. *sigh* I am not enjoying this waiting game!