Monday, November 28, 2011

Family and rest

I've not been a very good blogger the past two weeks. This is mainly due to the fact that we don't have internet where we are staying at my parents' house... but also partly due to the fact that we are having way. too. much. fun. doing. anythingandeverything.

We've been doing so many fun things I don't even know where to start or what to say. My favorite activities have been:

1. Watching Sitora dance in the prayer room (we are staying by the International House of Prayer which has prayer and worship going 24/7 every single day).

2. Taking Sitora to the movie theater and letting her hold a ridiculously huge box of popcorn all by herself. I won't mention how disgustingly dirty the place was. Go figure. It only cost 2 dollars a ticket. I guess their profits don't cover cleaning up urine from the floor or sticky who-knows-what off the armrests. But 2 1/2 year olds don't notice that kind of stuff so it didn't hinder her enjoyment one bit!

3. Getting a $6.00 purse from the consignment store next to the dollar theater. I hung it on my arm and in the hustle and bustle of getting Sitora out of the store before she broke anything, I forgot to pay. I walked into the theater and glanced down at my unpaid-for purse and screamed. I raced back to the store and nearly collapsed on the counter explaining my forgetfulness to the cashiers. They laughed and thanked me in shock for returning to pay. Oh this pregnancy brain!

4. Having my husband return from deer hunting with the news of getting a buck! Oh venison meat, how I have missed thee. Thou shalt taste like sweet honey in my mouth-eth.

5. Watching my parents enjoy their grandaughter and giving this mommy some serious "time-outs" to be off the clock. Hmmm... maybe I won't leave. This babysitting gig really works to my advantage...

6. Feeling the baby kick up a storm inside my tummy! I'm only 18 weeks along but this kid can move! Seriously. If this is any sort of inclination to his/her future temperament then I am in for some serious sanity loss.

I now leave you with a darling picture of Sitora and her Uncle Chase playing on the ipad on Thanksgiving. He put her to bed. Isn't it adorable?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Casey. I miss you so much.
    And congratulations :), not long ago i heard from Crista that you are pregnant. I am so happy for you. God bless you all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Casey, I miss you so much. Caught up on your update. Happy for you and your parents that you are all having a great time. Love you all so much. Say hi to Chase. Have tons of fun. Get plenty of rest. You are right, it's a great gig, take advantage of it. Stay as long as you can :-) Rebekah Garneau

    ReplyDelete