Monday, May 16, 2011

Father's living room

I had a blast photographing the track meet for the international schools here in Baku yesterday! Believe it or not, in one day we experienced cold winds, rain, thunder and lightning, hail, then scorching hot heat. It was hilarious and a bit scary all at the same time. At least it wasn't a boring day :)

So as I was taking pictures of everyone with my incredible new camera (and zooming in uber close with my splendid new lens) I had a bit of an epiphany.

All these moments my amazing photography hobby allows me to experience and see have already been experienced and seen by our Father above. When I zoom in on you starting your 400 meter race and snap a photo, Father has already captured that moment in His mind.

When I capture you receiving a medal for finishing a race in the top three, Father has already captured your smile in His mind for eternity.

When I zoom in on your beautiful eyes through my lens, they've already been gazed upon by Father. He created your incredible eyes and He's proud of them.

I don't know everything about heaven or eternity. I've studied hours upon hours in the scriptures and have some pretty good ideas and have listened to many sermons on the subject. There are many things we know and some things we don't know.

But if our Heavenly Father has a living room, I imagine he has your portraits hung on His wall. You are not just another face in the crowd to Him. You are an individual who He poured time and love into creating in His image. I don't understand how our amazing Father can know each of us individually so deeply and thoroughly- but He does. He's so much bigger than us- we can't even comprehend the amount of love and passion He holds in His heart for all of us.

I think that's why I love my job so much. Taking photographs. I get to spend time capturing moments, special moments. And when I zoom in on a face, and focus on those beautiful eyes and sparkling smile, I can only imagine how Father has already captured that moment in His mind way before I ever did.

Your tears, your joys, your accomplishments, your failures... He's seen them all. In fact, He saw them even before they happened.

And yet He still loves you deeply.

His love for you never changes.

You are the apple of His eye- and I can imagine how your photo hangs in His living room for Him to smile upon every day.







No comments:

Post a Comment