Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years and a first kiss

Happy New Year's Eve! This is one of my favorite holidays, by FAR! Growing up I loved watching the fireworks, staying up late with family and friends, drinking sparkling juice, and talking about our hopes and wishes for the upcoming new year.

But probably the biggest reason I love New Years is because on this day 5 years ago, I received my very first kiss from my best friend and the love of my life! SuperDan surprised me during a fantastic fireworks display on a bridge in Minneapolis (which by the way, is my favorite city because it's where we fell in love!) He asked me a few months before if it would be alright if he kissed me sometime in the near future. We knew we were getting married and our excitement was growing by the day! Neither of us had kissed ANYONE before. Nada. Zip. Nilch. No experience whatsoever my friends.

It was the most romantic kiss in all history, according to MY book :) Probably because I didn't know what to expect. Probably because it was the dreamiest night of my life. Probably because all my hopes were finally coming true. Probably because I'd always dreamed of watching fireworks someday with the love of my life and having him kiss me. Am I hopeless romantic or what?!

Every New Years I make a resolution. I don't think it's dumb or cheesy at all. I think it's wonderful! We all need goals and something to work towards. If we don't have goals, we don't know where we are headed. Of course I don't necessarily meet those goals in the exact way I expected, but I got somewhere. I made progress. I tried. That's what's important.

To be honest, this year my New Year's goal is so fresh, new, and "in the works", that I don't feel like I can quite post it at this time. The more I pray and think about it, maybe I'll post it. But for now, I'm giving my hopes and dreams for this next year to FATHER and asking Him to lead the way! (No I'm not pregnant, for all you baby-crazy ladies out there reading this!)

Happy New Years EVERYONE! May 2011 bring you a deeper understanding of Father's love, more compassion for the poor and needy, more closeness with your friends and family, and more joy for life!

2 comments: