Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Goodbye city

This will be my last blog post for a few days. We are preparing to leave on our youth retreat this weekend and there is so much to do and so little time!

Not to mention how incredibly busy we've already been. It's not always like this, and I don't particularly like it this way.

I'm looking forward to driving away, off into a dreamland of mountains and autumn leaves. Turning my gaze away from the city lights and sounds... only to drink in the beauty of nature and the quiet stillness that it brings.

I've never been a city girl deep down inside. I can't help but cringe at the thought of my daughter not understanding what it means to roll around in autumn leaves, chasing after puppy dogs and butterflies.

My husband and I need a date. Please. Pretty please. If only a quiet, romantic 30 minute walk through the luscious forest or under the sparkly stars. I love him. If only we could spend some time together once in a while...

So here's to nature- the unplugging of technology, the quiet refreshment away from noisy horns and cigarette smoke. Here's to Father's creation and the peace it can bring.



It's almost here. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. wow Casey you made it sound so nice it made me wish I was coming along too :)

    ReplyDelete