Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye


Goodbyes are hard. Period.

How many seriously hard goodbyes have you said over the years?

I've had too many to count.

There are people who come and go in life, but there are also are the people who never really leave your life even though they move on. They stay in your heart forever because they changed you, in some shape, way, or form.

Today we said goodbye to a dear family here. Every single member of this family is uniquely wonderful in so many ways. There are some people in life who drain others, and yet there are others who give. And then they give some more. Why does it seems like those people are always the ones I have to say goodbye to?

What have I learned from this family? I've learned how to listen and really mean it when I say, "How ARE you?" I've learned how to embrace others and their differences and try to bring unity and inspiration from it all. I've learned how to trust when life throws curve balls. I've learned how to love others even when its not easy.

Thank you for forever changing me. I can only pray I touch others the way you've touched me.

No comments:

Post a Comment