Monday, May 24, 2010

Softie

This weekend was crazy busy, and this next weekend will also be crazy busy. Usually I don't want life to be so insane, but for some reason I'm able to handle this right now. If I work hard and finish strong, its going to be worth it in the end. Vacation is just on the horizon.

Sitora reached out and touched the burner today. It wasn't a bad burn but it scared the daylights out of me and her cry just broke my heart. Hopefully she'll learn from this lesson, I'd hate to see her go through that again.

I took her to a little park today. And what do you think her favorite part was? Uh huh, you guessed it, the sand. She played with it like it was the best toy in the world! I guess in some respects nature is the best toy in the world. Let a kid run their little heart out in nature where they can touch grass, throw sand, and feel the wind blowing in their face, and you'll see this wild yet peaceful look in their eyes. I love it.

Sitora is talking more. Every day she says new words! It just blows my mind how fast she's soaking up her world. She's so incredibly intuitive and is such a people person. About 5 times a day she will call out, "Mamma, Mamma, MAMMA!!!" until I bend down and look her in the eyes. Then she kisses me smack dab on the lips, then gives me a sweet little hug. Then she's off to whatever it was she was doing. I'm usually stunned with love for a few minutes every time she does this. How can such a tiny little child melt my heart in such a big way?

We watched "Charlotte's Web" together today- the newer version. I cried like a baby through the whole thing because it brought back so many memories from my childhood. I read the book and watched the cartoon version so many times growing up. I know all the lines and sing all the songs. When Charlotte died I just bawled my head off. Sitora looked at me like, "What's wrong mom?" I'm becoming such a softie.

Well, its off to bed with me. I'm still recovering from prom. I am officially old if its taking me this long to get back to my normal self after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment