Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's the Climb


I was asked by my friend today if I had anything to blog about after the day's events. Not really. I mean, it was fun and all, but nothing blogworthy from it.

But, there's alway something on mind worth blogging about! Any other women want to second that motion? We've always got somethin' to chat about, now don't we? :)

Even if there's no specific event to talk about, I love talking about my baby girl. Because in all actuality, RAISING her is an event in-and-of itself! Every little moment in our day is noteworthy to me, the mamma. Every cute grin, every frusterating pout, every "first", hey, and even every "second" :)

I've been very introspective lately. Hmmmm... why? Is it wrong? I don't think so. Often I feel a bit trapped, and it feels good to paint my feelings as words, or illistrate my ponderings. If no one ever read my words, I know You see them, Lord. And there is healing in it all I think. I know I'm not strong enough to keep everything inside all the time.

Somehow portraying my small, simple life with words makes me feel important. I know that my life IS important. It's a story written by Him. But at times I can't help but feel a bit invisible.

Life has its Epic Moments, but its the daily, routine moments, the "times inbetween" that create most our stories. It's in the mundane that I can practice my humility. Laying down my rights somewhere between diaper changes and midnight tears. The submission of heart despite chaos and weariness.

And yet, I wouldn't trade my life for the world. Despite all hardships, the view from the mountaintops is breathtaking and leaves me awestruck. I believe Mily Cyrus sings a song about "The Climb". I don't listen to her music, but I'll have to admit, I do like that song, cheesy as it may be. Like today, Sitora was extremely overtired after our day's events, and it was leaving me flustered and exhausted myself. But as we slipped into her bedroom and she laid her weary head upon my neck and quietly fell asleep, I breathed in deeply her beautiful smell, and thanked Him for precious moments like these.

Whatever your valley, whatever your tears, remember, the view from the top of the mountain is going to be worth every uphill battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment