Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Light the Night

Our little jaguar, Spiderman, and Olaf had a blast trick-or-treating tonight with dear friends while Danny and I helped with our church's Halloween outreach. It is SO simple and yet SO amazing at the same time! We hand out hot chocolate and candy to the kids and parents as they walk through the park trick-or-treating. The atmosphere is so light-hearted and friendly as we chit-chat with old and new friends while they stop to warm up with their hot chocolate. It is a great way to bless our community and get face-to-face conversations and smiles. 

My kids helped me prepare the night before by stuffing bags with candy and tracts sharing the gospel message in a fun and kid-centered way. We watched "When Calls the Heart" on Netflix while we worked and prayed that God would show His love and truth to each and every child who would read the words in the pamphlet. 

My husband and I have been serving together in ministry since we started dating over 12 years ago. Nothing makes my heart beat faster than serving alongside my best friend and the love of my life. Days like today make my heart happy. 

I hope you can help Light the Night in your community in the future if God leads you too!



























 






 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone looks so cute in their costumes. And what a great idea to serve up hot drinks to everyone!

    ReplyDelete