Saturday, September 9, 2017

My cute little (fake) plants


My husband spent many of his teen years working at a plant and garden center. He learned the ins and outs of plant upkeep and outdoor landscaping.

We'd only been dating a month during my senior year of college when he took me on a walk around Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis (the city we love.... sigh). He asked if he could hold my hand for the first time and I felt a million butterflies swirling inside my stomach. I said "yes" as we walked along the path together with the summer sun casting a golden hue around us. He stopped, gently picked a purple flower, told me its Latin name (for the life of me I would never remember what it is now) and placed it behind my ear. I wondered to myself, "Is this real life? My boyfriend knows the Latin name for plants..." This romantic day is forever imprinted on my heart and I have a picture in our scrapbook to prove it. I may or may not have kept that purple flower...

Every summer since we married 11 years ago, my husband has landscaped our yard with beautiful flowers. He knows everything about them. I know nothing. Zero. Nada. I'm just not a plant girl. I tried helping him in the yard a few summers in a row but it just wasn't coming naturally to me and I felt frustrated. The few times in my life I have attempted to nurture a plant inside my house I have killed it. My thumbs are as black as they come, my friends. I'm a piano loving, photograph taking, hair styling, party planning, homeschool teaching, marathon training kind of gal. But a plant gal? Not so much. 

I've seen a billion pictures on pinterest and instagram of the cutest little indoor potted plants. I've been eyeing them for a while dreaming of all the decor ideas they would inspire for my home. The minute these adorable artificial potted plants arrived in the mail from Hedgescapes I squealed in delight!

I arranged them in several different ways throughout my home to see which decor style resonated with me the most. To be honest, keeping these cute plants by my window where I do the dishes is my most favorite spot of all... mostly because the kitchen is where I spend the majority of my time as a stay-at-home mom. I feel like I have a bit of pinterest and instagram inspiration by my kitchen window now! I can also breathe a sigh of relief that I don't have to worry about keeping them alive. I'm busy enough raising my three little blessings at home during the day to worry about watering plants. 


They look SO real and that's what makes me happy. The artificial soil even looks real! I want to feel like I have plants without the hassle of actually taking care of them. I know... it seems silly... but that's just where I'm at in life right now and I'm not afraid to admit that ;)
























Hedgescapes also provides indoor and outdoor hedges and topiary. Their products are made UV stable and fire retardant. I've often dreamed of owning my own coffee shop someday. I'm storing this idea in my heart for another day when my children grow up and I'll have a little more time on my hands. I picture my outside seating could look something like this with Hedgscapes products. 


These products could be used to provide privacy between neighbors in city or apartment settings as well. As a wedding photographer, I can picture them also enhancing the beauty of a wedding and setting up boundaries for a particular space. 


I have to admit, looking through the animal shaped topiary products gave me the giggles as I started imagining how much my kids would enjoy seeing them. 


Hedgescapes uses well-known clients such as Disney, Universal Studios, and Hyatt and has made a name for itself in the artificial plant market at the #1 supplier of these hedge related products. Everything is customizable and clients can choose the shape, size, and treatment (wood, metal, or foam) for the desired appeal for homes, yards, businesses, or special events. 

You can follow Hedgescapes on social media on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and GooglePlus. Feel free to contact them for more information and to request a catalog!


*I was not compensated for this post. I received free samples in exchange for my participation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment