Monday, October 22, 2012

Caleb's Senior Portraits

Some sessions turn out exactly the way I pictured them to.

Caleb is my brother-in-law and asked me to take his senior portraits a few weeks ago. The minute he wrote me I started brainstorming ideas that involved his personality and style.

It didn't take me long to come up with some awesome Superman ideas! He is a huge fan of Superman and other comics. I personally am a Spiderman fan myself, but Superman is pretty cool too. (Hmmm how would I do a Spiderman themed photoshoot? First I'd need sticky gloves...)

Not only did we get some creative Superman shots, but I was able to capture his personality and style in other ways. A little silly fact for you all now... The brown sweater he is sporting in some of the shots used to belong to my husband. A few months ago I freaked out because I thought we had a mite infestation so I washed and dried EVERYTHING we owned about 3 times every day for 2 weeks. It was insanity. Pure insanity. But that's another story :) Anyways, I accidentally dried my husband's new sweater (from my mom- sorry mom!) on high heat and shrunk it to high heavens. The end result? His younger brother inherited it :) Ah well, at least it's still in the family!

The photos of Caleb in his t-shirt, hat, and carrying his bible portray a perfect image of who he is, in my mind. The Superman and sweater pics are nice, but these ones show a daily side of Caleb.

That's what I love about photography! I get the chance to be creative, pull out ideas that are fun and silly, but then also capture the true moments of life. The person we are day to day.

Caleb, I hope you enjoyed these photos as much as I did! Or at least as much as the girls in the car who kept circling main street over 20 times watching me take your pictures... hehe...
















No comments:

Post a Comment