Friday, August 3, 2012

Healing

We've been reminiscing over old times with some dear friends visiting us from overseas this week.

I'm reliving some memories, and with that comes some emotions I never knew I'd stuffed.

I miss living overseas. I really really honestly do.

But God has called us here. He has a plan and a purpose for us here. And I only want to be where He wants me to be. That is the safest place to be- His will.

Can you believe that only one year ago our family was vacationing in glorious England? As you watched the Olympics you probably saw the sights that Lovely London has to offer. Yes, it really is that spectacular. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. It was hands down the best vacation I've ever been on.

I love traveling, seeing the world, trying new things, meeting new friends (yes, I now consider strangers to be "potential new friends" based on our moving rate).

But at the same time, I am so happy to be in America. Where we live is so beautiful and calm and peaceful. Our home is perfect and we couldn't ask for a better church or group of friends. We get to use our talents and passions to serve the Lord every single day.

One thing that our family has not experienced in the past 3 years is stability. And that, honestly, is what I am looking foward to the most right now. Sitora needs to live in the same place and settle down. She's been moved so many times and her world has shifted up and down in her short little life. For her sake I believe this transition has been needed. My children mean more to me than any job.

She is so happy here. She has made good friends already. She loves to run and play in our yard. She loves children's church. She loves having a schedule and things to look forward to. She asks what we are doing days in advance and remembers it. My daughter will thrive here.

And you know what? So will I. I need some time to recooperate from our crazy lives the past few years. I would like to settle down with some stability myself. Be in the same place for years. Not have to start all over again in a new city (which we've done 3 times in our 6 years of marriage.)

I'm healing.

We're here to stay.

And it feels good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know that life very well. Lived it for 20 years. We moved 3 times in 6 years as well. Each life is touched by the people and places in his or her life. I have been molded by the many people I have learned from, received love from and had the privelege of loving back in return. People that loved my children and taught them as well. Enjoy your time. Since you are so open to God's will, you may experience another move...or two. He provides the most perfect peace in all of it. You are His child and he will care for you through everything giving you the most wonderful life because you choose to give Him the glory. I rejoice in you and your family. May God continue to use you to bless others as you do me. xoxo Lori Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your posts, and I know that God has blessed you all so much for your obedience. Praise Him! --Alicia

    ReplyDelete