Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just not my day

Yesterday just wasn't my day.

We all have those, right? Good. Just making sure I'm not the only one.

Sitora has been sick for a while and I haven't done much around the house. So yesterday I took Peter for some time to get away to go shopping in a bigger city 45 minutes away. SuperDan stayed with the princess so they could have some fun together. It was nice. Peter was wonderful, as always, and I had a refreshing time walking through isles and isles of possibilities for our home.

After arriving back home from shopping I started bringing everything in the house. I had both hands totally full of bags and suddenly I tripped on our front steps. Since my hands were full I couldn't catch myself. I completely biffed it and basically face planted. It hurt so bad I cried and just sat on the couch while SuperDan got the rest of the groceries. I hurt both my legs and ripped up one of my little toes pretty badly.


Sitora had a fever that lasted 4 days this week. Today she woke up fever free, but her pink eye is still lingering. Poor girl. As I was walking around the house doing chores she jumped on my ankle for a ride, then started "eating" my dress like a crazy animal. At first I was frustrated with her. But then I laughed and decided to take a picture. She's really been such a good girl during her sickness, and I am trying to have grace. After I took the pic I told her it was time to stop, that even though it was funny and she was a crazy funny monkey, that she probably shouldn't actually "eat" my clothes again. It was just one of those mom moments where you stop and say, "Wow, this is really insane. But I should try to embrace it and laugh."


Today has been better than yesterday. I am slowly decorating the house. It's fun. It's energizing. It's becoming "mine".


This is my "get things done" hairdo lately. Pin it back on top and pull it up in a ponytail. I still want to feel beautiful even if I am "just" a housewife. I still want to be an exciting person, for my husband, for my children, for myself. I don't want to be boring. I hope I'm always trying new things and bringing life and color into our world. 


I love sipping tea in this adorable mug from my mom for Mother's Day. I love owls. They are irresistible. It helps me calm down and focus to sit and have some tea in the middle of the day when I feel like pulling my hair out. I love my life, don't get me wrong. But having a new baby, moving into a new house, taking on responsibilies for church, and taking care of a sick toddler all at once can be a bit taxing. But I love every minute of it. Every crazy minute.


Here's our table with decorations from IKEA and Wal-Mart. I want the table set with these placemats all the time, just so everyone knows we are always ready for company :) (Well, almost. We need some beds first, then everyone can come!)


It's nice to have little things to be thankful for in life amidst the chaos.

Here's to a brighter day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment