Friday, March 2, 2012

Waiting for baby

His clothes are folded and organized. Shoes lined up in a row. Towels and baby shampoo are ready to go. Toys get sanitized daily by the big sister (after she's played with them, of course!)





32 weeks. 8 more weeks seems like eternity! I stare at all the baby items and wonder what he'll look like in them. I lay awake at night when I should be sleeping, dreaming about when I'll hold him for the first time. Sitora giggles while she feels my belly and tells me all the things she's going to do with her little brother.

I took her on a "serious" date the other day to a coffeeshop. I asked her how she was feeling about her brother coming. I told her she would still be our special little girl and that we would love her just the same after her brother arrives. She is just genuinely excited. She is such a big helper, I don't know what I'd do without her. She loves running around the house getting things for me, cleaning up her toys and sanitizing everything in sight. I'm so proud of her. She really is my big girl.

Soon we will be a family of four. I. just. can't. wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment