Saturday, March 10, 2012

Good friends

Sometimes you just need to take time away to spend time with good friends. This past week we did just that.

I feel like a fresh breeze of refreshment just blew through my soul. Isn't that what amazing friends are for?

Not only did SuperDan and I get encouragement, but our princess had friends to play with as well. She loves people so much, I melt watching her interact with others.





After this visit, I feel like I have what it takes to press on. Sharing my heart with those whom I trust and respect opened up my heart back to where it should be. Somehow, through the trials of the waiting and unknown, a part of me closed up. But doesn't this happen to all of us? No temptation has seized us except what is common to man. We all have the tendency towards independence and isolation, especially in the hard times. But reaching out to others in our deepest moment of weakness can be the spark that ignites the flame in our soul yet once again. We need each other.

Winter is fading away. Spring is on the horizon. Not just in the air, but in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment