Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Grandma

Grandma, you are just the best.

My earliest memories involve you. You have always been an extremely important part of my life. Going to the ice cream store down the street and playing card games at your house were a regular occurrence. You took "grandparenting" seriously, it wasn't just a season of your life, it was your life.

You always made me feel special. You came to all my important events and cheered me on with encouragement and sincere interest. You thought long and hard about giving presents and always made sure they were perfect for me. You made life fun. You laughed, goofed around, and got a little wild.

You were are more than a Grandma to me. You are a friend. I always know you will answer the phone and listen to my latest woes and triumphs.


When I found a genuine vintage apron at the thrift store with your name on it, I had to buy it. You always cooked us yummy meals and desserts, and I will reminisce about you while I wear it. You, after all, have the coolest Grandmother name out there!


I wish we lived closer. But I think there is truth to the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I am certain we are closer than most grandmas and granddaughters.

My life wouldn't be complete without you, Grandma. I love you.

The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children's children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future. ~Charles and Ann Morse

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

No comments:

Post a Comment