I decided to buy some cheap craft items at Wal-Mart so they could make Thanksgiving cards for their family and friends. It was a huge hit! They giggled and laughed while they created their masterpieces. I told them it would be a great idea to place the cards next to their relatives' plates on Thanksgiving day. I know lots of creative mommas who make their own elegant placecards for Thanksgiving Day, but why not let the kiddos take a shot at it and save yourself some time? :)
What you need:
- Cardstock or scrapbooking paper cut into smaller card sizes
- Decorative ribbons
- Glue stick
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Cut out about 4 inch strips of the ribbons beforehand so the kids can easily glue them on themselves
- Have the kids write the name of the relative/friend who will receive the card
- Then tell them to glue on the ribbon, place the stickers, and write any other special Thanksgiving messages they can think of!
- Spice cake mix
- One can pumpkin puree
- One bag chocolate chips
- (Yes, you don't need eggs or butter!)
- Mix ingredients together
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Don't overbake.
And today I randomly selected the Wisconsin winner of a free photoshoot. It was Sarah W!!! Congrats Sarah :) Write me at javamammacasey at gmail or facebook me about when and where you want to do the photos. Here is Sarah's comment entry about her favorite Thanksgiving memory...