Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving craft and cookies

When you have two little spunky girls and snow outside, sometimes you need some fun inside ideas to keep them occupied... (especially if they've already played their hearts out in the snow for the day).


I decided to buy some cheap craft items at Wal-Mart so they could make Thanksgiving cards for their family and friends. It was a huge hit! They giggled and laughed while they created their masterpieces. I told them it would be a great idea to place the cards next to their relatives' plates on Thanksgiving day. I know lots of creative mommas who make their own elegant placecards for Thanksgiving Day, but why not let the kiddos take a shot at it and save yourself some time? :)



What you need:
  • Cardstock or scrapbooking paper cut into smaller card sizes
  • Stickers
  • Decorative ribbons
  • Glue stick
  • Crayons or colored pencils
Instructions:
  • Cut out about 4 inch strips of the ribbons beforehand so the kids can easily glue them on themselves
  • Have the kids write the name of the relative/friend who will receive the card
  • Then tell them to glue on the ribbon, place the stickers, and write any other special Thanksgiving messages they can think of!
 Easy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
  • Spice cake mix
  • One can pumpkin puree 
  • One bag chocolate chips
  • (Yes, you don't need eggs or butter!)
  • Mix ingredients together
  • Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Don't overbake.





And today I randomly selected the Wisconsin winner of a free photoshoot. It was Sarah W!!! Congrats Sarah :) Write me at javamammacasey at gmail or facebook me about when and where you want to do the photos. Here is Sarah's comment entry about her favorite Thanksgiving memory...

    What a great idea Casey!! Some of my favorite Thanksgivings were spent at my Aunt's house. All of my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins were there - there were 11 kids and 8 adults. We spent the time eating and playing together. My Aunts house was huge and full of secret hiding spots - a kids hide-n-seek dream:) The memories seem so vivid to me because of the feelings they cause me to feel all over again. Feeling that my family was together and happy caused a feeling of safey and security that I hope to pass onto my own family.
    Thanks!!
    Sara W.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment