Friday, September 9, 2011

Thoughts

I'm home but I don't feel home.

I'm excited for the future yet mourning the past.

I'm anticipating new friendships but missing the old.

I see the twinkle in my daughter's eye as she enjoys new things, but am reminded of things of old that gave her happiness as well.

I'm loving adventure and change but am lacking routine and stability.

I'm relaxing without much responsibility but missing what I used to be in charge of.

I feel like a stranger at times, but that's okay. This is a new season and time for change, and I can handle that. But that doesn't mean that it isn't hard.

I'm more than convinced that Father's Son experienced the same feelings I am feeling now. He left his heavenly throne for our earthly home, gave up riches for rags. He made big changes all for the sake of the ones He loved. Who has ever heard of sending a King to be born in a stable with animals? His love for us is relentless.

Thank you Father, that I am able to identify in your sufferings. For in them I find You.

I think it's time to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, friend! I'm praying for you guys as you are in this season of transition! It's great you can put into words some of what you're feeling...missing what you had and not sure what the future holds. Yet you continue to faithfully trust God and are continually held in His hands. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think transition is one of the hardest things to go through. i wish i could be there to hug you. love, love, love you dear Casey! Praying for you (right now) :)

    ReplyDelete