Sunday, March 20, 2011

Post vacation traumatic syndrome

We're back home, safe and sound. The minute we walked in the door Sitora immediately jumped into our bed and begged to be snuggled and read to. She fell asleep instantly after story time and prayers (um... that never happens) and slept until 11:15am this morning. I wasn't about to wake her because I knew she needed the extra sleep after a long day of traveling, so baby and I weren't able to go to Sunday service today (which breaks my heart because I looooove going!) After waking up she then proceeded to go in the potty chair, which totally surprised me because she took absolutely zero interest in potty-training on vacation. She's a gal who needs routine- she thrives on it. Unfortunately, I think we've picked the wrong profession if we're trying to offer routine and stability ;)

I have post vacation traumatic syndrome. I just made that up of course- but it sounds so legit. I'm looking over our pictures and imagining I'm back there again, bathing in the sun. The good news is spring is coming and I can look forward to more sun in our lives- hopefully soon!

Here are some of my favorite pics from the trip. I hardly took any pictures because I was forcing myself to just enjoy the moments instead of trying to capture every single one. It took every ounce of self-control to make myself leave the camera in the hotel room every day. Plus, the camera is heavy and I had sunburned shoulders, so it was probably for the best!


(Hehe, I love this slogan: "Life is short. Stay awake for it." I'm so stealing that.)






I don't know if you can see, but off to the far left in the ocean are some islands. It's supposedly a group of man-made islands called, "The World" and we're pretty sure they are only for the rich and famous (access by helicopter and boat only).


I love these girls to the right- Asian girls always have the best style!

P.S. I may or may not have bought a vintage red-and-white polka dot swimsuit with a matching sunhat and cover up. Summer can't come fast enough!

1 comment:

  1. AH! DIZZY!! What a crazy view!! Love the coffee cup pic. =)

    ReplyDelete