Thursday, February 3, 2011

hard

Some days are hard, and some days are good. And lately things have been pretty hard. Mostly hard with a shimmer of good, but not much.

I've been trying to look for the positive amidst the thickening clouds. I've been reading my bible (and listening to the audio version) more then ever. I can't go a day without it. I am addicted to the word. Without the word I am like a wandering sheep. More and more I am remembering and re-learning how fallen and sinful I am, and how perfect and just my Father is. I need Him. Where would I be without His touch?

I felt the deepest peace that I've felt in a long time this past week at the place where we pray. Sitora was coloring pictures and ripping them up while I closed my eyes and meditated on my beautiful Father. A peace washed over me that nearly took my breath away. A very heavy weight has been pressing me over this past month and it's been almost more than I can bear. It was lifted, if even momentarily, and it gave me the strength to press on a little further.

One step at a time. One step at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I read your post earlier today, but as I was listening to music at work, this song made me think of you: http://www.relevantmagazine.com/mediafiles/relevant_podcast/042310_strength.mp3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Casey. You are not alone. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete