Monday, September 28, 2015

Blood moon September 28, 2015

I know... I haven't posted on my blog for a while now. I currently have a billion blog post ideas swirling in my head. I always come up with topics I'm passionate about and things I want to say... but then the laundry. The dishes. My braxton hicks contractions. The end.

One of these days I'll punch out another deep and thoughtful post, but for now I'm sharing my pictures of the supermoon, blood moon, lunar eclipse, etc... from last night :)

I was taking a late (probably too late) nap after surviving two days without my husband followed by a busy day at church. I set my alarm to wake me up in time to see the start of the supermoon. I ran outside with my camera and realized I already missed the beginning. So sad :( But I did snap a picture about every 5 minutes or so as soon as I got out there.

It was such a wonderful experience! Peter sat with me the whole time on his little chair on our front lawn while we talked about the moon and stars for an hour. I tried my best to keep my camera and heavy lens steady and wished I would have brought out my tripod. My brain was just so fried from the weekend and I was too worn out to go back inside to find it.

It was a beautiful night and I will treasure the memories made for a lifetime. Sitora and SuperDan joined us a few times throughout the eclipse but Peter was my faithful buddy the entire time. I hope he always remembers our special supermoon date :)

Man, God is so awesome. To think He created our universe and there are still millions of stars and planets we've yet to discover. It blows my mind sometimes. It makes me feel so small compared to the size of it all. But at the same time, He knows my name and calls me friend. The one who created the heavens knows how many hairs are on my head and catches every tear I cry.

Unfathomable. Thank you Lord. You are indescribable!











No comments:

Post a Comment